Wednesday, January 14, 2009

RESEARCH AND WRITING!

Better late than never. Eyes her Weight Chart with a smile. Lookie what I did. Lol Surprised myself I did. sqeeeeeeel Today I’ve been busy trying to compose a good query letter and synopsis of my finished novel. I’ve done this before but I’m not happy with what I wrote so I’m trying to make it more interesting. It’s not an easy task summing up 100,000 words in one paragraph for an opening to a query letter that agents like to see. I’ll get there though…hopefully. I’ve only sent it out to 8 agents all rejected so I have a long way to go.

Now with that all aside I was reading on different blogs and comments about Biggest Loser. I did a little research and found they exercise anywhere from 4 to 8 hours a day rigorously and they eat a strictly regimented 1200 calorie diet. Gawd why aren’t they dead? I couldn’t nor would I do that I don’t care how much money you paid me. LOL. And to top it all off I found out they do this in 6 months!! Sorry lovelies but I just think that is really cutting it too short. I have read that many have kept the weight off but the first winner has gained back all his weight. I just am not going to watch it. American Idol is on at the same time or was and I’m keeping track of that. I have enough problems with weight to keep track of all the yelling and dramatics that seems to go on in that show. Yes I watched some of the BL episodes on Youtube. So nuff said for me. I jus dun like it. nods like Mammy Yoakum

Now what I also did between my query writing and Big Loser research is find a site that talked about Eat This Not That. I may buy the book(s), there are more than one. I was surprised to read what I did about the foods that we think of as a bit healthy and how they size up next to something else. Here is the site Health Foods That Arent and it also shows about the Eat This Not That books that are available though I would buy them from Amazon.com. Another book I bought recently is the Volumetrics Diet I like this one. It has some good recipes and a sort of eat this not this outlook. Check it out. Oh and one more thing. I joined My Calorie Counter for free. I like it. I also like the word FREE it’s the best four-letter word invented next to LOVE of course. If I can’t find the calories there then I go to Calorie King or daily plate. But it does have a place where I can enter the calories of any food that is not there or a meal. I like it. I quit the Weight Watchers. I liked WW but those little numbers just didn’t register and I really feel the need for myself to see the actual calories. Plus $16.05 a month for my daughter and I to only log on a journal is just too much for my pocketbook. Hope these help.

So now that it’s almost midnightish…I should stop writing and save some things to write about tomorrow. I’m going to drink a small glass of Almond Breeze vanilla (oh yuuuuum) and nod off to la la land. Have a blessed night and know you are cared about.

2 comments:

  1. WOOHOO on the loss!!!

    I agree that BL is just too unrealistic. But I am watching it (hanging my head in embarrassment).

    Keep up the good work, you are doing great.

    Sure hope a publisher accepts your novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new query letter!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome :) Hope this works!!