Thursday, January 22, 2009

I BELIEVE..I THINK I CAN... I KNOW I CAN...

Gets up on her reinforced soap box and holds up a book Ahem….*clears throat* Hear ye, Hear ye, Hear ye… *Holds up the Volumetrics Diet book* This here danged book is awesome and is helping me more than I ever thought a book would. I’m here cuz I lurve to eat. *nods sagely* I have looked at all the pictures and read this book over very carefully and it seems to me that if I can eat more and loose weight it’s what I want to do. Now, not to sound too preachyish (is that a word?) I’ve been following this diet for only two days. Actually it’s NOT a diet just an awesome way of changing one’s eating habits and yet getting a more filling helping of food. (Ya’ll know FOOD that danged four letter word that can mean demon to some if not taken in properly!) Anywhoodle, if you don’t want to buy the book then I suggest checking it out at the library it’s awesome and omg… great recipes that you can use or redo as you wish. There is also a website. I know, I know I’ve preached this sermon before but just at least consider using some of the analogy. *hops down from her reinforced soapbox with the help of her walker and lands upright in her wheelchair* Whew!


EXAMPLE

Both of these meals contain 500 calories ~ the same number of calories!! The top photo gives you only small portions of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and cheesy broccoli. The large meal at the bottom photo is based on the principles of Volumetrics. This volumetric meal is reduced in fat, high in fruits and veggies and full of flavor. All of these recipes are in the book and the bottom meal contains Creamy Cucumber and Dill Salad, Chicken Parmesan, Smashed Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus, and a Ruby-Red Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce. Which meal would you find to be more satisfying. Read Volumetrics and learn the secret

Ok I was watching Martha Stewart today and there was a segment on working out. Mary Horn, a nutritionist. was on and they were hopping in and out of a rope ladder so I went to the site and this is what I found:

Ladder Drill: Ladder drills (using a rope ladder) bring up your heart rate, help burn calories, and are an excellent way to improve foot speed, agility, coordination, and overall quickness. Simply take 2 steps in, 2 steps out, then repeat and go faster, lifting your knees a little higher for more intensity.

For warm up they hop-ran through each rung of the ladder first for a bit. But this sounds and looks like something that would be a really good and inexpensive exercise tool. I mean who would have thunk it..a rope ladder. Also another thing they demonstrated was the old Step- Master. My daughter uses this as an alternative exercise to her treadmill. She found one at Walmart for around $25.00 give or take a dollar. Good exercise and there are still DVD’s you can buy to work with them. Another inexpensive way eh? OH did I tell you they laid out the rope ladder on the floor…ha ha kinda hard to jump through the rungs if it’s hanging from the ceiling..tee hee hee. Ok lovies have a blessed day.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info on the book, from your soapbox. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check it out for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh yeah, I'm a total quantity/volume girl! I figured out really quickly that if I ate lots of low points (I do weight watchers) foods taht I could eat more! Sounded like a real deal to me. I actually probably eat more now then I did before. Now, it's healthy foods! Before it was junk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checkin in on ya - see how things are? Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome :) Hope this works!!