Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ah me what a day!! I placed my food order with Sam's Club before 5 p.m. yesterday. This morning I awoke at 9 a.m. to see if the order filled confirmation e-mail was in my box but it wasn't. Since I stayed up with my daughter last night and watched Movies, "Babylon A.D."~boo~ good beginning bad plot and "The Adventures of Priscilla" ~fell asleep in the middle around 3 a.m.~ Soooo I woke up about 8:45 a.m. then fell back asleep after taking some Motrin for a bad headache and pain in my leg and slept until 2 p.m. !!!! I NEVER sleep that later EVER. Anywho I checked and the order was ready so I ate a salad and got ready. My husband, who usually stays home when we go shop, decided he wanted to go along with us. Uh oh!! He likes to lead the parade sometimes and we knew we were in for an afternoon of whining and complaining about prices, parking and any other thing he could think of to bytch about. Soooo we got through the Sam's ordeal, then went to Walmart for some health and beauty items. Welll, the Walmart close to our house is real weird about those mobility scooters they have. I on the other hand can't get into a store without one. Since it was pouring down rain my daughter had to drive up as close as she could get to the door and get me a scooter then come back out and help me into it. This is what we do unless the weather is nice and she brings it to the car parking spot. Soooo the man at the door was nice this time. We went in with no problem did our little bit of shopping towing husband behind us muttering and complaining as usual *grins* torturing him with all our gee we need this and that's when we really didn't. We paid for our million dollar items (total $15.35) and headed for the door. Oh but the man at the door was staring at me with big eyes through his 3 inch thick glasses. "Excuse me do you need that?" He pointed at the scooter and asked as I rolled toward the front door. I stopped then turned around and smiled. "Yes, isn't that obvious by me still being seated in it?" "Can you walk?" He asked, then without stopping he added "Cause you cain't take that thar thing out in the rain I'll loose my job and you'll get 'lectroocuted." I blink. "Excuse me sir! I can't walk far." He shakes his head. "Well ah cain't let ya take that out!" All this time my husband is standing there watching this quietly. "Ok sir then would you like to carry me out to my car?" He blinked. I waited and there was a moment of silence before I realized there now was a crowd of about 15 people standing around watching us. "Ah cain't carry ya out mam." I smiled sweetly and asked, "But sir forever why not? Do you want to loose your job? I can't take out this scooter to my car and if you don't carry me I'm gonna take this here 'thinger' to my car and get in with my daughters help!! He just kept looking at me and little by little I inched the mobility cart toward the door as my daughter had gone to get the car. He stepped forward as if he was going to stop me. That's when Mr. Bytcher stepped between us and calmly said, "Muxxxxtha...explicit language here.... Take one more step and Im gonna wrap my wife's cane around your fat throat. Got it. Is this how Walmart treats their disabled by harassing them because of a little rain?" The employee stopped wide eyed. I felt like Scarlett with Rhett protecting her against some idiot something or other. The man quietly turned and went back to his post and there was applause from the observers. OMG I quietly chuckled and joined my daughter at the open door. She helped me get up and walk the three steps to the car door so I could seat myself. All this time my husband was our sentinel. He then took the mobility scooter back in and parked it in front of the man, stood up and started at him in a defiant expression then calmly walked out of the store. YAY!! Lol for as long as that Walmart has been there and I've been going there I've had trouble with the door people about those carts. I don't think I'll go back to that one though there isn't another one for 15 miles. I just wanted to share that. OH and did I mention that the door man was around 6'4" and about as wide and my husband is about 5'8" and 144lbs. LOL! Anywho so much for my outing. I came home and ate another salad and a piece of baked chicken. Drank some almond milk to calm my tummy then came to my bed to rest and write this blog and check out others. I didn't really exercise today ~ bad me ~ but isn't tomorrow another day? *grins* Have a blessed evening and a great weekend.
Mother Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome :) Hope this works!!