Thursday, May 28, 2009

Back In The Saddle!! No Horse . . . Ha Ha!


So life is good. No I still can't walk except for two small steps to my wheelchair but I'm alive. I think this evening I'm going to try to get up on my scale and see if I can stand long enough by myself to weigh meh! Of course I'll be with my walker and my daughter will be there with me so I don't fall. Oh yes when I fall I can't get up. It took 4 firemen to get me onto the stretcher when I fell this time cuz my danged legs paralyzed due to the renal failure. But yes on to better subjects. I am really curious how much weight I have lost. I downloaded Open Office Wordprocessor since my Microsoft Word decided to so into its own void somewhere in the universe. I'm learning the ropes of the program and will be able to continue with my newest book about the civil war.
Thank you Shelly for your kind words. Mary Fran thank you also and I'm praying for your neice. Deborah I've missed you too. Oh and my daughter put up a hummingbird feeder right outside of my window. I got that idea from you *smiles*. So far there have only been one or two a day but I read that the females are now busy feeding their young but when the young learn to fly they will be around more. Oh and she put up a bird feeder too that the danged Racoons knocked down two nights in a row and robbed the seed. My husband went out and pouned it firmly into the ground. So no more problem with the coons but acrobat squirell has discovered the seed. Funny little guy he drops the seed and the chipmunks come running! Lol a plethora of wild life outside of my window.

So I haven't eaten yet today and it's 4:00 pm. Guess I need to get my daughters rear in gear to get me something healthy. I have to watch my Potassium intake so I eat more fruit and veggies that are low in Potassium. I eat a lot of chicken and fish and have to limit a lot. Can't wait to see if I can get on that danged scale tonight.

Blessing to ya'll and have a beautiful day. Much Love. I've missed you all and am still catching up on posts.

Till next time. . .
Mother Hubbard

4 comments:

  1. Nice blog. I like the picture on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bad "mommy." I haven't put up my hummingbird feeders this year. I'm seriously considering not doing it because it became so stressful last year with having to fill both of them twice a day. I really didn't mind when I only had one or two families of hummers but when they invited the entire neighborhood of hummers I was awed at first and then became overwhelmed. So enjoy your one or two and pray that they don't decide to have a party. Cause the party-goers won't go home.

    Got my fingers crossed that you can stand long enough to get on the scales. I know you are really curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...speaking of bird feeders, one night a few years ago I heard a crash outside my back window, raced to look and saw my birdfeeder in splinters on the ground with a racoon scooping up the birdseed in his little paws! Between the squirrels and the racoons, the poor birds never got anything at our house. Hope you have better luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby steps. One thing at a time and you'll be back up and raring to go!

    Love hummingbirds. We don't have them flittering near our windows...but the woodpeckers LOVE our yard.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome :) Hope this works!!